Promotion of Gender Equity
- Co-curricular Activities: The institution promotes gender sensitization through co-curricular activities like workshops, seminars, guest lectures, special lectures, poster exhibitions, counselling etc.
- Awareness programs: Awareness programmes like importance of human rights, rights of women in domestic problems, cyber security awareness programmes related to the safety and security of women employees and students are conducted periodically. The institution constituted the following committees as per norms laid by University /Directorate of Higher Education/UGC.
- Committees and Cells: Institution Grievance Redressal Committee, Anti-Ragging Committee, Sexual Harassment Prevention Cell, Disciplinary Committee, Students Welfare Committee, Safety & Disaster Management Committee and Mentoring Programme cares for the well-being of students and staff in the institution. The functions of these committees are displayed on the website of the institution and information is being disseminated to the students through orientation and induction programmes.
- Safety and Security: The institution provides safety and security facilities for the staffs and students such as CCTV Surveillance throughout the campus and security arrangement. Students wear ID cards at all times. The institution night security guard. Safety, security and well-being, along with gender equity and friendly working atmosphere are available in the campus.
- Mentoring Session: The institution has a mentoring system for the students to take care of their academic, emotional, social and cognitive development. Personal Counselling is provided to the students at different levels. There are separate washroom facilities for girls and boys and girls. The institution has a common room for girl students.
- Counseling Session: Faculty members of this institution also take initiative for formal and informal avenues for counseling male and female students and staff for academic and other issues.